View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #15
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Winning the conference just doesn't mean as much if we're always one and done. Look at UNLV which lost a ton of recruits and players last year, and at least they won one game. Kruger did a marvelous job this year. Next year, UNLV could be scary good if the recruits get to stay. I'm starting to appreciate his coaching abilities more and more.

Rose appears to be a good, not a great coach. My main complaint about him is the failure to adjust to changes made by the other team and his half court pressure time offense. He gets the team to play decent, not great, defense and the running offense is quite good. Yet tourney games devolve into half court games, and that is the major weakness of most of his teams at BYU.
Rose appears to be a great coach at an institution whose limitations force greatness to appear good. You are going down a Norm Chow road and it is silly.

Rose is not a legenday type of coach but if he were at Arizona the Wildcats would win more NCs than they would under Lute Olsen.