View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #46
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
The data is not exact. I'll grant you that. When you're dealing with over 750k calls, you're going to have some agent error in the dispositions. However, Dish and Direct to make a lot of their business decisions based on that data.

One thing I think would be interesting, and I would have asked for it yesterday if my friend wasn't trying to finish his weekly reports, is the last 18 months worth of data. I know for a fact that Dish and DTV got slammed with calls for about 2 hour period in August of 2006. I happened to unleash about 200 outbound agents on them when one of our dialers went down. Removing those calls, I would be interested to see what six month period had the most volume. My guess is that it's not much different today than it was 18 months ago.

I do agree with you that some who are currently Dish customers will switch. I don't think it's going to be significant. I would guess most lived through two years, they'll not go through the hassle believing that Dish is going to be on board soon also or flat out don't know DTV has it. I think DTV will get back most if not all their customers they lost from Comcast. I think DTV knows this and that is why they publicly welcomed Dish to get involved in the distribution. It won't hurt them at all and it might hurt Comcast. That's just my reading into things though.
My experience with inbound customer data may not be indicative of DTV's, but it seems to me we always got the LEAST intelligent 5% of the customers calling per year.... Personally, I'd hate to make business decisions based on those customers.

Like I said, I only have data on two people. Me & My brother are both currently cable subscribers who will be switching now because of the Mtn on DTV. I'd be very surprised if we're so atypical that we don't represent a good portion of the BYU fandom.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote