View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #37
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
What you don't understand, my dear little Tex, is that Beck had a unique platform to address all the women in her stewardship. Rather than being inclusive, she focused solely on the stay at home mothers with the clear implication they are God's elect. She wasted a perfect opportunity to reach out to all women.
So what this boils down to is, there was nothing really wrong with what she said. She just didn't address it to the audience YOU think she should have.

Next time the prophet in priesthood session says, "I'm going to talk to the bishops tonight," I'll be sure to get hot and bothered because I'm not one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You and I will never agree on this topic because you are incapable of seeing issues from a woman's point of view. By the way, thanks for the comparison with Mike Waters. I take that as a compliment to free thinkers everywhere.
Ah, the old "you aren't a woman, so you can't understand" line. Unfortunately for you, not every single childless woman reacted so negatively. Maybe they don't understand either.

As for Mike Waters, he whined about fathers not being told to spend time with their families, about 27 seconds before Elder Oaks did just that. I suggest you don't take pride in not paying attention.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote