View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #151
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
dont you think there is a little difference in being asked by JC to follow him then being compelled to pay taxes?
Not really. He was asking them to give up their sources of income. He asked the same of the rich young prince. I think it was very deliberate that he asked the prince to give it all up. He could have very easily said, "Hey, keep all your stuff because it may come in handy for us in the future as we try to spread the Gospel." Today, we aren't asked to give up all our possessions, but if paying an extra little bit will really help, then I am willing to listen.

I am not even sure socialized medicine is the answer. I have stated previously that any socialized proposal would never be ratified anyway, so why is everone worried about it? But even if it were, there would be no law prohibiting the private practice of medicine (status quo). These arguments about concern over diminished quality of healthcare are really thinly veiled admissions of selfishness.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote