View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Do any of you use a lawn care service (Scotts, Tru Green, etc.) to come out and fertilizer your lawn. I believe they come out 5 times from late Spring to late Fall and take care of all of the fertilizer needs. I think it will end up costing $175--200.

On another note...I have an apple tree that had a ton of apples last year. I have heard that apple trees are on a 2-year cycle. One year with apples, the next year without. Does anyone know?
I use a serice from a local company, its about $35 per treatment for fertilization and weed treatment (bermuda grass). I signed up for the 3-times-a-year plan so its just over a hunn'rd bucks a year (including prepayment discount). The other two treatments are just summer fertilizer that I can do myself with a spreader. Its the weed treatment that is a hassle with mixing chemicals, etc, I decided it was too much of a hassle and risk handling various poisons. FWIW, just this year the company became a Tru-Green franchise.

My neighbor uses a different company (Atlas) and they did something to his lawn last week that turned it yellow. Too bad for them their little yard sign is still in his lawn naming the culprit.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote