View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
i dunno why, but that seems kinda lazy, why do it in such a half assed way? Aren't there pre-mixed things from Scotts/etc with weed treatments?
Have you done it? I mean the right way with the proper chemicals for the weeds? There are different chems for different weeds and different times of the year: pre-emergent, broadleaf weeds, etc. You take the concentrates and mix them in a sprayer and walk around spraying it on the grass without getting any on your clothes or skin (right). Once I was pumping up the sprayer and didn't have it properly sealed and had some of the stuff squirt out... luckily not in my face. Yeah, you can skip the liquids and buy a big ol' bag that says "weed and feed" but good luck getting it to work well for the problem weed of the month in your area. Scotts weed and feed is half-assed, if ask me. Anyway I tried all those methods, and for the weed treatment, as I said, the 35 bucks is worth it for me. I'll do the spreader thing with the fertilizer ... easy enough and I can do it when I actually want the grass to grow (e.g., not just before leaving on vacation nor when its growing fine with just mulch).
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote