View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

About 90+% of the people I am friends with on FB friended me, and not the other way around. Perhaps even more. I'm passive about it.

I've noted that many girls over the years that I have some inclination that they were interested in me romantically.....i.e. girls whom I know/suspect to have liked me in a romantic or near-romantic way (there are not many, as you can imagine, and their taste was highly suspect) have added me on facebook.

One, people add people that they know. Thus why shouldn't they add me? Two, I think there is curiosity. As in, what's going on with this person, what's their life like? What do they look like? What do they do? In a life of choices, intersections, where a number of different paths could have been followed, there is a curiosity about what life could have been if they had taken a different path.

I suspect that they do not need to know very much. They just like having me in the hip pocket. To glance at once in a while. There are a couple of girls on FB (who added me) that I had some romantic attachment to (of the unrequited variety, as it is common knowledge that I was not good with the womenz).

I don't keep my FB account a secret. I leave it logged in, my wife probably snoops all the time. Another safeguard, if at least to preserve feelings, is to tell your spouse about it.

It sounds like you may be incapable of having a healthy distant relationship with your ex, thus you are probably making the right choice for you.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote