View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
SOrry, I strongly disagree. FIrst, the Da and not the families will decide. Second, it would be a mistake not to pursue claims against someone if there si any basis to do so. Too many vehicle operators ignoire the rights of cyclists. This guy was on the far side of the wrong side of the road. There is no momentary distraction that allows for that. He was, at the least, cirminally negligent and he should pay. People need to eb accoutnable when they fail to share the road properly. If he had plowed into a couple of kids walking on the other side of the road would anyone ahve posted with "This is a sad remider of the dangers of walking?" The title alone reflects the prevailing attitude that cyclists are some how second rate users of the road. That attitude needs to change and one way to do that is to prosecute idiots that can't keep their vehicle in their own lane.
Again, I didn't say he should be prosecuted. (Did you read that?) But Mike is suggesting that they were murdered. Murdered, creekster.

If you people can't read that article and have a little compassion on someone who clearly did not intended to kill 2, maybe 3, people, then you are too emotionally involved in this story. He made a poor choice (whether deliberate or accidental) and will carry this the rest of his life.

And don't ever talk to me again about what a compassionless SOB I am.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote