View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

In one of the areas I served in as a missionary, my companion was a native and the rest of us from the states. On one occasion, when it was the turn of one of the other Elders to make lunch, the kid - who had only been out for about 2 months or so - whipped up a batch of mac and cheese from scratch, though he used rigatoni rather than macaroni, as I never came across macaroni in Italy.

Anyway, my companion, who was always ready to eat (though he wasn't fat at all) sat in his seat, looked at what had been prepared, looked at the Elder who had made the meal and yelled "WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?"

After some prodding, he finally relented and ate it, but declared that from that day forth, if he was in the same apartment as this other Elder, my comp would cook the days the other kid was supposed to cook.

It was win-win. We ate his great cooking more often and that kid didn't have to cook for the next 2 months or so.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote