View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #15
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Well, if I could convince my wife to move to Texas, I would do it in a heartbeat based on a friend's experience there. He recently moved to Odessa (I hope I spelled that correctly) and bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 3000 sq. foot home on a 3/4 acre lot with a swimming pool for $160,000.

Is Real estate really that much of a bargain in Texas? Or is Odessa a dive? I also understand that Texas sticks you with higher property taxes, but still, that sounds like a heckuva deal to me.

I could sell my house right now and pay cash for his place and have plenty left over for other things.
Odessa is out in the boonies so it would be cheaper than Dallas or one of teh other big cities. But DFW is still way cheaper than Utah and most other cities. Mike lives in the city and in the Dallas school district (inner city district) so his area is even cheaper, but a 4/2/2 2000sf newer home can be had in nice areas of the suburbs for well inside $200K.

The house we live in now is 4/2/2, 2200 sf on a large lot (big back yard I mean but still a city lot) and will sell for $190K or so when we move to the new house.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote