Thread: The Fall
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #27
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I am sure you think BYU will consistently be the dominant basketball program in the MWC.

Your thoughts on Ute basketball are ridiculous and are heavily biased by your dislike of Utah.

As for your LDS recruiting question, well Majerus kind of stopped recruiting LDS kids that he thought would go on missions.

Utah did get Foster this past year. A kid that BYU also recruited, and got a late push from Arizona. However, he plays defense and rebounds the ball so he is not a Giacoletti player.

Plain fact is that the weight of evidence is certainly against any claim you are making about Utah's basketball program.

I'm sure Wyoming and UNM fans think their program is one good hire from being back in the limelight. You have that in common with them. I wish you luck in that hire. A lot of schools are in your same boat.

I don't have delusions of grandeur for BYU. We'll outrecruit you in Utah but that's not a big deal. We'll get the best of the LDS, which also is a little bigger deal but not much. We'll augment that the best we can with JC's, international recruits like you do.

We have a slight edge on you but not much.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote