View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #43
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
The only time I hear about Hagee is when you bring it up. Few people outside the Dems care about this. But like I said before, this is a common tactic for Dems at election time, to highlight endorsements of Repub candidates by conservative ministers. Not news.

On the other hand, a candidate's minister of 20 years, the man that married the candidate and baptized the candidate's children, and then held a private prayer meeting with the candidate on the morning that the candidate announced; when that minister shreaks "God Damn America" and all manor of anti-american crap and then acts like a kook on national TV, that's news and goes to the judgement of the candidate.

Obama was either an opportunist or a fool; or perhaps a combination of the two. Or maybe he's just giving us politician speak like Wright has suggested.
You are splitting hairs if you are going to make that argument. Are you aware of what Hagee has said? McCain certainly is (he has discussed the matter publicly already). McCain didn't disavow his endorsement, though. And he has continued to make appearances with Hagee. McCain is using Hagee for political support. Obama used Wright for religious support and disavowed his political support. If you are going to jump on Obama for a lack of judgement (your only contrived argument left with the Wright story since it is clear Obama doesn't share Wright's views), you will have to throw McCain under the bus too (which I know you won't do).

And, by the way, the fact that few people talk about this doesn't somehow mean it isn't right.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote