Thread: Softball
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Softball season is over now.

It turns out that the above post was very optimistic about my batting ability. I really struggled at the plate. Hitting the ball off the end of the bat, weak infield popups, and other garbage. But about 3 weeks ago I turned it around and started finally smacking the ball. I started focusing on really watching the ball all the way (I know, they tell you that from the age of 8). Had a 100% on-base in the last two games, and ended the season batting 3rd.

The team was terrible. We lost every game. The killer part is that we had about 4 at-bats last night, where if we had gotten an RBI hit, we would have had a walk-off win.

My fielding was a bit suspect in the outfield, but got better as the season went along. I only had one really bad miss (first game). And a kinda bad miss (last game). The last one was a misjudged liner that went over me as I was running to my right (left-field line). But it is cool when you make a good catch in the outfield, and people/teammates cheer. My throwing accuracy is terrible. That is what I need to really work on.

I hope I get to play again. And I would suggest that any of you who get the chance, go for it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote