View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick
I agree with you Fuegote.

I love the game. My daughter is going to play in High School this year. (good chance at making varsity as a freshman)

It just boils down to lack of knowledge. If more folks understood the rules they would be okay with it.

I share your same passion but for hockey. If folks would watch it and quit bashing it they would get sucked in.

I have often said that hockey is soccer but on ice.
I don't know if its so much not understanding the rules of the game, but moreso the strategy of the game that most do not understand. And you can put my name at the top of that list.

I understand the rules of soccer for the most part, but the flow of the game is where I get lost. The same can be said for hockey. Part of the problem for me is that I have only really seen high cometition levels for both the these sports on tv, and it can be very hard to get the big picture of the entire field when the image on the screen is of one guys with a couple of defenders closing in.

The same could be said of football purists. You can never truly appreciate the game unless you follow the OL and DL play, which really is next to impossible while watching a game on tv. you only get to see the skill players do their thing, while the hogs get lost in the shuffle.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote