View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #62
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I recognize your view is the orthodox view, but is that the only possibility you can see from Mike's perspective. Although I don't know what to make of his interpretation, I find it interesting and wouldn't limit it, heterodox that is, to the argumentum ad absurdum that you are endeavoring to do.
Let's make this simple? Did Nephi kill Laban because he independently felt he needed to, or because God commanded a reluctant Nephi to do so?

To believe he murdered Laban in cold-blood, without Divine sanction, would then imply that he would be subject to the discipline of an angry God. What circumstantial evidence(s) do we have of such disciplinary action?

No more visions, like being caught away in the spirit to see the entire history of mankind unfolded unto him? Like being given vision and the interpretation thereof of the Tree of Life?

No more revelation, like finding food, using the Liahona and learning how to construct a seaworth vessel?

There is NO circumstantial evidence that Nephi's dispatching of Laban was expressly against the will of God.

Please explain to me; which position is more absurd, Arch?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote