View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #29
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

I was hit some ten years ago in AF canyon. I was coming off of a trail by tibble fork and was headed to climb back up to the top of alpine loop. An old man in an 70's impalla ran me into the side of the mountain. A second before my legs were pinned, I jumped off my bike pushed off the back of his car and landed on the pavement. I was not seriously injured but my bike was. The old man continued on his way as though nothing had happened.

Believe me when I say I take this stuff seriously. Numerous times idiots have "buzzed my tower" and yelled Faggot as I swerve in trying to maintain a position between eating it on a soft shoulder or crashing into traffic.

The only reason I titled the thread Sad Reminder of the dangers of Cycling is because regardless of how careful I am, someone that is driving a 2 ton machine can come along and end my life without notice. In no way are these cyclists at fault, even if they were out of the bike lane and this guy should be prosecuted, no matter how badly I feel for him. My life depends on prosecuting everyone of them to some degree or another. Otherwise, the life of a cyclist is inconsequential.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote