View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:05 AM   #10
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
He had plenty of warning to slow down or stop (which he did). Sure the other guy was in the wrong. But to almost instigate a fight over it is jackass-ish.
If by plenty of warning you mean I had to lock on my brakes and hope I didn't go over the front end then yeah. I saw him coming toward me yes, but the turning sideways and completely stopping was the shocker. He knew that by doing so I had to go into the dirt or into traffic. He may have underestimated my speed, but he had plenty of time to apologize for it.

I think those who know me here would tell you that I'm not a confrontational person. That's the first time I've had words with someone on the road. RC got it right, if this guy had apologized or even pretended to care that he almost wrecked me I wouldn't have said a thing. But he didn't give a crap and the only reason he was mad was because he thought his cycling cred was being questioned. He just kept yelling over and over "I was on the right side of the road."

If I had it to do again, I'd probably leave out the "jackass" part of my sentence. But I was pissed.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote