View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #31
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Mike if you and Jimmer played one on one to 21, I would be very surprised if you scored even three points on him. I would also be very surprised if you were able to guard him at all. He may not be very quick for a D-1 basketball player but he is a hell of a lot quicker than some guy that has never played organized ball in his life.

Jimmer is going to be a solid player for BYU, will he ever be a star? I am not sure but he has great hands, and he knows his role.

I am not sure if you watched the Lamar game but he crossed up this guy and made him look absolutely silly the guy actually fell over, and Jimmer pulled up for a jumper that looked very fluid, the shot did rim out.

The last player on BYUs bench is better than anybody on this board and its not even close. I played Cityleague in Provo in the Open division that has several former college players (Danny Brotherson, Eric Neilson, Matt Montague) those guys dominate, even my buddy that played JC ball is night and day different than any one else on teh court.
Several of the guys I play with played college ball. They are good. They are the best on the court. But let's face it, there is a wide spectrum of ability in the college ranks. It's a big difference from the ACC to small colleges you never heard of.

One guy on our list for playing ball is a guy I went to high school with. In fact, he was on my mile relay team that won national AAU. He played college ball in Big 12, and then went and played Europe. I don't think I have ever played with him, and the guy who runs the church pickup says he probably doesn't come out because he would dominate and it wouldn't be fun for him. I would like to see him do it however.

Since when it is a sin to want to play with good players?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote