View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 01:46 AM   #129
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
COUld be, but I don't think this is where the church is going. I think the prophet's goal is to get as many people exalted as possible. He 'sees' the future in this country with and without an amendment (or with or without the results of a vote on the amendment; the fact that the vote goes one way or another or with a certain margin of loss or victory might be a 'butterfly effect' type thing in and of itself that will lead to other steps that might be important) and so asks us to support the amendment. The gosepl is eternal and will exist with or without political structures on earth. I think the prophet is trying to create the political envrionment that, within the present climate and near term time frame, will most help the kingdom to grow. Over time, many things will change and many factors will push one way or another with respect to these issues or similar issues, such as polygamy. The prohpet is not sayuing that polygamy is always gone or was a mistake, he is merely saying that he urges us to support a political act that he believes supports the position taken in the proclamation on the family.
That's a lot closer to what I believe, too, to be honest.