View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #22
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Plaisted getting nothing but net (and I'm not talking the kind that I used to shoot, where the ball brushes past the bottom of the net, having never entered the cylinder) on the two FT attempts with 5 seconds or so left will probably enter my Top 10 BYU Sports Moments. Usually dreadful at the charity stripe, Plaisted stepped up "for Lacey" and administered a huge groin kick to the Lobos.

And I enjoy Mr. Crimson's bewilderment on Utefans that BYU won in OT without a single FG. I'm not sure why this would be all that surprising. I assume Alford is a sentient being, and as such instructed his team NOT to let Plaisted get a shot at the hoop, knowing that BYU would be going to Trent as much as possible and that TP's FT percentage is lower than Stevie Wonder's. The strategy seemed to work at first, with TP going 1-2 the first time, and the refs swallowing their whistle on at least one later move to the hoop. But on the fateful final attempt, Trent stepped up. May he and Lacey celebrate long and joyously tonight.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote