View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
No; didn't have to. The silliness of your argument -- that DFW didn't have enough "real life" to have any insight into anything, or be the novelist he wanted to be -- is ignorant stuff and speaks (sadly) for itself.

Your MO doesn't work anymore, Mikey. You have no basis to support your statement, and so you get cute with your gun talk. Point the gun at my forehead -- all you've got are blanks (which may explain your crazy dependency on guns).

By the way, if you want to leave the funny gun talk and engage in the issue, what "real life" experiences are you talking about that are required to have any real insight into anything? TIA for the oncoming babble.

Literature is as much about the life of the mind and heart as it is about taking Boy Scouts on camping trips and thereby gaining the necessary insight into life. That's why a cultivator of peahens could write "A Good Man is Hard to Find," and a reclusive New England poet could write all that she did.
exactly what I thought. You didn't read the article and therefore are not familiar with the author's arguments about why Wallace was unable to complete his novel, which I touch on myself. STFU.

You don't like me or don't like it here, hit the fucking road. Perhaps you have a female colleague you can make cry. Your games bore me.

I actually have much to say about Wallace, but the idea of you reading what I am thinking just bothers me so much that I can't bear it. I will have to continue my thoughts in private places that you are not privy to.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote