Thread: More Kagan love
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

a highlight:

Quote:
That epic saga of triumph against the odds, from the Upper West Side to Cambridge, to Hyde Park to Georgetown, back to Cambridge, and finally back to Georgetown, is not just Elena Kagan's story. It is, in some sense, the typical story of every Asshole in the Harvard community; nay, the American Asshole community at large. But no matter how padded our resumes, no matter how brown our noses, no matter how many faculty parking permits on our Subaru Foresters, it never seems enough in the eyes of America's non-Harvard power elites who laughingly deign themselves worthy to sit in judgment of us. I was shocked as you when I learned that -- even in this late date in our history -- some have openly suggested there are 'too many' Harvard-trained Assholes on the court, even as that number barely exceeds 60%. No thanks to its unwritten Affirmative Action program for Yalies. And now it appears that Professor Kagan will be compelled to face a public inquisition by a panel of her inferiors, some of whom I am told are actually are products of Cornell. For God's sake, what next? Brown