View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #33
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I am saying there is more to be gained by honestly addressing racism that there is in being silent.

Act now. Your gains in the future will be greater. Don't act, you limit your gains.

I'm looking into the future.
What would be honestly addressing racism as you see it.

The religion was started in an era where prejudice against blacks wasn't considered racism by everyone. The people who were in or joined the religion think that what their leaders do comes from God. So if I was a member in good standing, I would have to think God was a racist following your logic and that currently he is anti women and a homo-phobe. I didn't, I like other members and leaders groped for reasons for this situation. I never heard anyone tell me I should hate blacks, never. My father as a matter of fact was very pro the civil rights movements. He was a democrat. My grandfather loved the Indians and was always very positive in his conversation about black people.

Why fight an old battle. If you are truly upset about this, do something about a current descriminatory practice. Lobby for women and practicing gays to get the Priesthood.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote