View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #44
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
All I was saying was that there is a way to work out the differences, whether it's a "real" conference or a make-believe one. You're trying to blame your fellow House Democrat weenies' problems on the Senate. What I'm telling you is the blame lies squarely at Pelosi's feet.
I get the sense we are talking about different types of blame here. It sounds like you want to say she is to blame for health care being totally dead. It isn't totally dead, so there isn't any point in assigning blame for that right now. I am talking about blame for unnecessary panicking, and on that count, it's an incredible stretch to try to pin this on Pelosi. She didn't create the filibuster. She didn't invoke the filibuster. She didn't run an awful campaign in Massachusetts. She didn't do everything in her power to stop any health care progress, as Republicans did. Republicans have played the role of obstructionist, and they have played it well (notwithstanding their rank hypocrisy in the process- you never did respond to the citations of Frist complaining about Dem use of the filibuster on bills). Pelosi deserves an awful lot of credit- she has helped push the process this far. Now with just a few more pushes, it will be in the books. Thank heavens for reconciliation.

Quote:
Yes, I realized that. I just decided to have a little fun on the side.

Reading E. J. Dionne's explanation just makes me think, "Man, these guys are panicking." Certainly doesn't exude confidence.
Some are. Now the leaders need to snap them out of it.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote