View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #72
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
What do you man by "isn't going to cut it"? Let's say our SOS would jump 50 spots (i.e. 80 to 30) which roughly equates to two losses. This year, instead of going 10-2 if we went 8-4 and finished middle of Pac 10 and went to a bowl, would the fans really think it's not as satisfying due to the extra two losses? I would enjoy it more. I have to think so would the average fan.
I disagree. Fans want accomplisments which are conference championships, bowl games and rankings in the top 25. The key IMO is the devestating impact of down years in a BCS conference. College football is often defined more by lowpoints than highpoints. The current scenario keeps BYU with a good shot of being competitive in its conference and going to bowl games in down years, do you think the same would happen in a BCS conference? It is the downyears that would erode interest.