View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 01:17 AM   #39
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
So instead of consensus building, you see this as more of say, like a semester long class. THat's how you reconcile your beliefs. Interesting.

Of course there are numerous examples of apostles overtly disagreeing with each other. So I hope you will not say that it is impossible for them to disagree with each other and advocate binary opposites as the Lord's will (yes vs no).

I think if you read (or re-read) the DOM biography you would have a better understanding of how the FP and Q12 operate and build consensus. There is a very, very human element to it.
I would not characterize reconciliation of my beliefs that way -it would be a combination of the two.

I truly feel from what I have read that there already was consenus. Yet consensus isn't absolute acceptance. And that's where I don't think you understand me ... I am certain apostles overtly disagree with one another. They would not be effective leaders and would fail in a measure of their stewardship if they did not voice their opinion on all matters.

Disagreement is not dissent. A compelling aspect of council is the human element. Yet equally compelling is the spiritual element.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote