Thread: About Me
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 05:12 AM   #1
LA Ute

LA Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About Me

You probably all know me, as I've been around the Ute board and at least two BYU boards since about 1998.

First off, I am old. This only recently dawned on me. I graduated from the U. law school in 1982 and have been in L.A. ever since. After a short stint as an entertainment lawyer (yes, I did work for big stars; it was actually quite boring and I left "the industry" after realizing it is full of insufferable people); I became a corporate health care lawyer. Generally, that means I do incredibly interesting but obscure work for hospitals and those who run them. I love my work.

I have the same wife I had back when I was at the U., and three kids. The oldest is serving in the Washington D.C. South Mission, where I expect he'll show up in Utah Dan's or JohnVA's ward sometime soon. I hope they feed him well.

My other two kids are 15 (a boy) and 8 (a girl). People ask why we had them so spread out, and I answer that we had eight pregnancies but only three babies. That usually shuts them up.

I loooove Ute sports and have a healthy respect for BYU sports, although I love nothing better than beating you guys. I also love Scouting (the LDS variety), the youth program generally, hiking, politics, writing about politics, and movies. All of the foregoing are most fun when I do them with my wife and/or kids.

I have a political blog you can find here:

http://www.hedgehogcentral.blogspot.com

Please visit and tell me what you think. As an added incentive, my photo is there.

I'm very active in the Church because my ward is so understaffed they have no choice but to give me callings. When I grow up I want to be as level-headed as Ohio Blue.