View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #45
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
I wrote out a joke suggesting that the spirit had told me that someone on the board had a problem with a certain sin, and that he 'you know who you are,' should go get help. I thought it was funny, since the very same 'prompting' came to my mission president when I was on my mission... "Someone in this room has a problem with ------------. We need to talk."
My buddy and I entered the MTC at the same time. The first day there the President of the MTC gave a talk where he basically said the same thing as your mission president: "I know that some of you have issues that are not yet resolved. It would behoove (does anyone outside the mormon faith use the word "behoove"?) you fine Elders and Sisters to make certain that any outstanding transgressions are dealt with as soon as possible."

My buddy took the bait and spent the next 4 hours waiting in line to see the president. After his confession was duly noted and processed, my friend came to see me -- a new man. I was anxious to know to which transgression he had confessed, since, according to my score book, he was currently up-to-date on his confessions. It turns out he stood in line to confess french-kissing his girlfriend two days before being set apart. I was flabergasted. French kissing? I didn't even have a column in my score book for french kissing. But my buddy assured me -- in that faux grave and earnest voice that missionaries are so quick to adopt -- that he felt the mission president was speaking directly to him. I probably should have hugged him and said, "You did the right thing Elder." Instead, I just laughed at him and told him he was an idiot. It took me a little longer than most to catch the vision.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan

Last edited by non sequitur; 06-17-2006 at 06:32 PM.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote