View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 04:58 AM   #25
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Oh perhaps. So it is concern for the health of the woman, and not for the unborn. Well, at least that's consistent.

But I am curious about why, if it is not a human life, pro choice folks would even concern themselves with it. Why such pain in the process? I suspect they fully understand that there is something wrong with abortion. But I can only assume that something inside them overcomes that feeling, to the point that they don't even want to pass laws that would prevent the aborting of viable fetuses.

I wonder what it is inside them that influences them to move against their better instincts. Otherwise, why such a difficult decision?
Plenty of people who think abortion should be legal also think that abortion for convenience is immoral and the worst possible outcome of a pregnancy.

I think abortion for convenience is disgusting and immoral but because so many people disagree with me I think it should be legal before viability outside the womb (around 20 weeks). There is too large a percentage of society that feels differently from me about abortion and too large a price to pay by forcing women who want abortions underground.

I personally fully support and agree with the Church's instructions to members on when abortion may be considered and I think each couple or the woman should make the decision with their doctor on when the health/safety of the mother is in danger from pregnancy or their child has no chance of survival after birth. Do you want the government involved in authorizing your decision under those circumstances? Not me.

Last edited by CardiacCoug; 08-19-2008 at 05:01 AM.
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote