View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
I hate you and your healthy legs. My 1/2 marathon got cancelled so I found a 15 mile race this weekend that I am going to run instead. It is actually a ultramarathon or at least they claim, but I am doing the 1 loop option. 7:00 am at 7000 feet is going to be freaking cold. 2 less weeks of running will be good though. I think I have a stress fracture or really bad lower shin splints and will enjoy not running for at least 6 weeks after saturday.
How do your shin splints feel while running? So you get pain while you are running or not until after?

I am struggling with the same thing. My pain is entirely anterior and lateral to the tibia. I'm almost certain its not a true stress fracture, but is most likely shin splints or periostitis.

I've got about 5 weeks until my marathon. This is supposed to be one of my highest mileage weeks and I'm taking the whole week off in hopes that I can be ready for a weekend run. I've got some monster trainer rides planned to help maintain my cardio. I just can't see myself doing 26 miles feeling the way it did this past saturday.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote