View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

When I lived in Pocatello I played with a bunch of guys from work (most of whom were LDS).

One guy (Nate) had a prostethic leg. Nate usually played on the perimiter and didn't usually drive or go after rebounds in the paint. However, he had a great outside shot and was usually one of the people you would try to get on your team. Sometimes he wore warm up pants and (if you were a moron) it was possible to believe he was "normal" (bi-pedal) but just dealing with a sore knee.

One day a few new guys showed up. One of them was covering Nate and was getting sick of Nate dropping in 3s at will. He started playing Nate really tight and physical. Nate dealt with it but the rest of us were a little bothered.

After a while this guy starts to get a bit of an attitude with Nate (because he had started to shut Nate down). Finally I think Nate had endured all he could from this kid so he brings the ball down, fakes this kid out of his shorts, dribbles the ball between his legs and drives right thru the kid.

After the layup went in we all were laughing and somebody was saying something baout that being the best "between the leg" move he'd ever seen. The kid obviously didn't get it. Nate walked over to the side of the court, took off the pants over his shorts (revealing his one-legged condition) and said something about needing to get rid of the extra clothing if he was going to have to start actually trying.

I don't think that kid ever came back to play ball again.
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote