View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:30 AM   #14
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
But as for the 2005 season IN AND OF ITSELF being better than 2004, there just isn't any evidence of that.
I think the difference in my mind is how the season ended. This season ended with 4 wins in 5 games. We had to win one of the last two games to make a bowl game, and we did. Last season, we had to win one of the last two games to make a bowl game, and we didn't.

I think the other difference is that for the three previous years, at a school where offense reigns (please note the use of the correct homonym) supreme, our offense was inconsistent (either poor or kind of poor), and we couldn't figure out why. This year, the offense ended strongly, and although the defense sucked, we at least can point to a reason (lack of talent in the secondary).

Another difference is that what has led to our biggest problem (personnel holes and lack of depth, particularly in the secondary), the loss of key players to recent honor code violations, is something that Bronco is very publicly addressing. The hope is that if he can continue to win and keep the players here, the future is bright.

As PAC said, even though we're at virtually the same place as last year, this year, our escalator seems to be heading up.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote