View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #31
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
You are assuming that once those people are put in the telestial kingdom, they have to remain there forever and can't ever progress past that to the celestial kingdom.

And you are assuming that what was seen in the vision was a representation of what definitely would be, as opposed to what could be (like with Jonah).

And you seem to really be hoping that more go to the telestial kingdom (is that hope consistent with the gospel?).
When I was young and had some mullah-ish tendencies, I used to get a grin in my mind whenever I encountered someone that I was sure would end up in the telestial kingdom. Sickening to think about that prideful attitude, but life is meant for learning, and we move on.

I always come back to what is said in Isaiah. God's ways are not our ways. The scriptures are by definition, limited. How do you construct a projection from the infinite to the finite? I can sort of picture a projection from 4D to 3D, and 3D to 2D or 1D. But something that is infinite?
DC19 provides an important key. Jesus, Paul and Moroni provide another key. Just accept and be nice to each other. Everything other than that will fail anyway. Paul emphasizes that even prophecy will fail. Charity is all that really matters.
The more I learn about people, meet people, learn about their lives, their experiences, the less and less I believe that life is a test. I don't think God is that evil. Life is an experience. God made up an individual itinerary for everyone. Everyone needed something different, so everyone got something different. How else do we reconcile what we see here on earth? The idea that I was better in heaven and was sent to a middle class mormon family in the US and some starving kid in Africa was evil is just sickening. God isn't an asshole. Everyone's itinerary is exactly what is needed to perfect them. God is a nice guy. He likes us. We're all supposed to screw up, majorly, very majorly. It's all about experience.