View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #10
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

I have a WSM, and it workds great. I had an old Brinkman bullet smoker years ago, and the Weber is far superior in temperature control. I use the Minion method, and have had stuff cooking overnight. The temperature keeps remakably constant, I come out in the morning, and it is within a couple degrees of where I left it the night before.

I'm in North Carolina, so I usually do Pork Shoulder. it's more difficult to get a good brisket out here (with all the fat on it), and my wife doesn't much like ribs. When we are on the late schedule at church, I'll often wake up early and start it going. When we get home from church, it is ready to go.

I need to work on my rub. Usually I just throw together a bunch of what is in the pantry. Even with no rub, it turns out awfully good, but a good rub can really kick it up a notch.

What sort of wood do you use? I have a friend that has a lot of good trees, so whenever they do some trimming, I pick some up. Mainly I get Apple, Peach, and Pecan. I like them better then the wood I get at Lowe's or whatever.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote