View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #39
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
No way. Even if the total votes cast are approximate, Nader is likely to do better in already liberal states (Vermont, California, etc.) where votes cast for him will likely have little effect.

Barr, on the other hand, is likely to pull support from areas where Republicans will be hurt the most (Georgia, NC, Virginia, Missouri).

I love Barr right now. Fight to the bitter end, Bob! You can do it!
Barr doesn't only pull from one side. I doubt the GOP leadership likes my stands on things like the war, the patriot act, the bailout, Bush's executive power grab, and so forth. And because of the way most people think, which is that they usually avoid third parties like the plague out of fear of casting a "wasted" vote, they are not going to vote third party until they have thoroughly and permanently divorced themselves from the major two. So even though it might seem he draws votes away from one or the other, I don't believe those votes are McCain's to get no matter what. The neocon led GOP has done a really good job the last 8 years of chasing out people like me and I will probably never vote Republican again. If anything, Bob Barr and the Libertarians are what keep me from voting for Obama instead, and I think a lot of Libertarians right now feel that way about the Republicans.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote