View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am a fat slob and Ultra Marathon man convinced me of it...

If you have not had a chance to read Dean Karnazes 'Ultra Marathon Man', you need to grab a copy of it. It will make you (unless you are Arch or Runner, etc.) feel like a freakin' slob.

I am not quite sure what to think of the guy, but he is a guy that thrives on running and running and running some more. He runs marathons (he is the guy that completed the 50 marathons in 50 days last year), triathalons, 50 milers and 100 milers, marathons at the South Pole, etc. He won the Badwater Race (http://www.badwater.com/) a few years ago which is a 135 mile foot race thru 120 degree temperatures in Death Valley. He is raced in a 199 mile relay race where he was his own team (other teams consist of 11 teammates and they run various legs of the race).

If you have a chance, it is a great read. FWIW, on his 200 mile run, he consumed, seriously, over 27000 calories. Everything from a full cheesecake, 30 bottles of pedialytes, mac and cheese, several PB&J sandwhiches, cookies, etc.

And as crazy as he is, there is no doubt that there are hundreds more just like him and maybe even more hardcore.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote