View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
Prof-Bball

Prof-Bball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I have no idea what Harstock and Abou will offer, so those two are the big question marks for me. College BB is a game frosh came make an immediate impact. I'm assuming Harstock compared to Collinsworth is not as tough defensively or on the boards but more skilled offensively. I'm assuming Abou is not polished enough yet offensively to contribute much.

I see the 3-4-5 picture as more clear. Cummard, JT, Miles all getting a lot of minutes with MacGregor backing up Miles and Harstock backing up JT and maybe Cummard with one of the guards also backing up Cummard.

The guards, who knows. It could go a lot of directions. My gut is that Rose made his decision that Jimmer was the point guard of BYU future the last ten games of the season. This leaves Morgan out on his ear and Loyd and Emery battling for the starting job at the 2, which I see Loyd winning out at least initially, due to mission rust.

A lot depends on Miles.

A lot depends on the non-Jimmer guard position.

The nucleus of Lee-JT-Jimmer is good enough to make a run at the MWC.

No way we're better than we were last year, but due to undying optimism and the concept of randomness, I believe we will get that elusive tourney win...OK not next year but soon.

I think you hit it pretty much on the head. There are alot of unknowns on this team.

I think this team is built better for post season success. Our guards are more athletic than last year. We will also be a better FT shooting team with Plaisted gone, especially down the stretch, with our go to guys being Lee, JT, and Jimmer.

On the flip side, we are used to depending on our big guy to get other guys open looks. I dont see many people doubling miles this next year. We are going to definatley have to rely more on dribble penetration than we did last year.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Coach Rose has a tough job this next year.
Prof-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote