View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
here's what Lance's PR machine is saying:

So there you go. Lance asks us to care tremendously about him when he is an athlete. He asks to lend our time and eyeballs to watch him ride a bike. He asks us to buy Treks and Subarus and Nike and his books. He DIDN'T ask us to do other things instead, because they were more worthy pursuits than just following a lousy sport. But suddenly, when his career is over and there is the possibility that he committed fraud, he says NO ONE should care. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! He says.

Sorry Lance, you can't have it both ways. You can't ask people to care about your cycling, and not care whether you cheated your way to the top.

You are probably right, Lance, that your entire career has been a waste of time and money of everyone that ever layed eyes on you. But the world is what it is. And it just so happened that a lot of people did care. And you have to deal with the fallout now.

It seems to me that if Lance is so concerned about taxpayers' dollars, he could confess to everything he knows. And he could TRULY work towards cleaning up this sorry sport of cycling. Instead of just pretending to clean it up.

I have my sports heroes. Lance is not numbered among them.
I imagine if you laid the scrutiny laid upon Lance, all of them would fail. There is nobody worth believing in the sports world in terms heroship. None.

I have people in athletics I admire for the craftsmanship or skill within that endeavor, but find them as heroes? Not really. I admire normal people who live normal lives more than any celebrity.

I admire what Lance did because he brought professionalism in terms of regimen and focus to cycling. He was a tremendous cycling talent. That's what I admire. I don't admire him for his life or how he treated people because any of that is made up for public consumption.