View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice win against Virginia Tech. Buzz Williams is a great coach and it won't be long before VT is competing for the ACC title.

1. VT did a great job denying the 3 point line, esp. to Fischer.
2. Fischer did a great job gutting it out and coming up with key improvised baskets.
3. Seljaas--I love this kid. He has a great shot, he is high percentage. But what I like even more is how good he is on defense. He's long, he's active, he's determined, and he plays smart. He gives great effort on defense. He had a key steal at the end of the 2nd half that led to a BYU bucket. I hope we see an even better Seljaas in the future. One that looks for his shot more, and can do more on the bounce.
4. Really disappointed in the defense by Collinsworth. They just destroyed him with penetration. I don't know who in the world KC could guard in the NBA.
5. I was watching Emery's defense as well. Lack of effort. Losing his man. It's just not a good look. He's small, he's not strong, he at the very least has to play SMART and give EFFORT. In his defense, Rose plays him too many minutes and he is gassed. But for BYU to be a better team, he HAS to do better. You could put together a reel of defensive lapses by Emery and would look like James Harden.
6. Killing me that BYU would close out hard on the 3 pointers for so many of their guys who can't shoot, and then give up the drive. As the announcer said "KNOW YOUR PERSONNEL." Buzz Williams is twice the coach that Rose is.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote