View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Dave Jensen was a stud. He's a friend and he's done with pro ball. He lives and works in Salt Lake City now.

Mike Tejada was another good friend of mine who played a year despite being drafted out of HS and went on a mission, played another year and then left. Mike too is done with pro ball and is back in Hawaii living and working.

Talking to both of them, the incentive to turn pro is extremely high. I believe Mike was taken by the Expos out of HS and even at his position in the draft the money offered him was more than tempting. Mind you this was 10-11 years ago where those sums have grown even larger. Upon coming home from their missions, the opportunity was just too great to pass up.
Yes I know Dave, his brothers, sisters, mother remarried, her husband, his father and his new wife.

Dave is out of pro ball because he wasn't that interested in it in the first place, not because he probably couldn't have made it. His brother is now finishing dental school. We have another local who's giving it his final year try.

Law has not done a good job. Don't know why but his teams have not fared well.