View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #7
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
When I was in Bosnia in a decade ago my unit had to do a patrol with the Ruskies. I was hoping for the Rhythmic dancing team, but alas some drunken, unshaven, unkempt sloppy soldiers driving nearly broken down BTR-60's showed up. My two senior NCO's were full of angst for this assignment as both had grown up in the Cavalry in the mid-late 80's doing the old Border Tours in West Germany along the Iron Curtain. The first one looked at the broken Ruskie unit and just told them "I can't believe I was ever scared of you broken down mutherf*&^ers." We went on the patrol and I learned that the A-10 Warthog has a tighter turning radius than the BTR-60. We took one curve and the Ruskie vehicle picked up some Yak's Yugo and dragged about a quarter of a mile before I got a US hummer in front of him and got him stopped. The poor Yak was still in the drivers seat.

Later we busted that same Russian unit when they, along with the Russian commanding General in Bosnia, were smuggling cognac and cigarettes into the country to sell on the black market.

It is too bad we didn't just bust through and kick their ass in the 80's. MAD be damned we were better and could have proven it!

WOLVERINES!
You're like a walking Tom Clancy novel.

Ronald Reagan was a great president.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote