View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU's disappointing season to date

I had actually thought BYU would be better this season. From what I saw earlier in the season, I thought BYU would continue to improve and be better in the WCC.

We've reached the point that an at-large bid is rapidly fading over the horizon. It may be the tourney or go home at this point.

What did we learn? That we had a huge drop-off with the guards this year and that's hard to overcome.

I think Carlino has the potential to be a star at BYU before all is said and done. But Zylstra and Harrison have been a big step backwards from Jackson Emery. That shouldn't be surprising. Zylstra didn't have enough quality to hardly see the floor last season. Why should he be counted on to contribute huge minutes this season, without a big dropoff? And it's hard to be tough on Harrison, who is a very raw freshman whose ball skills leave a lot to be desired.

If this team is playing below its potential you have to wonder about the chemistry/cohesion/leadership as well as the coaching. Something is not right with this team. And that's a shame.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote