View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Archaea texted me last night about the BYU game. I wasn't watching. After a bit I tuned into BYU-TV and it wasn't on, so I figured the game was over. But then I was on espn.com and saw that the game wasn't over and was on ESPNU.

Anyway, who cares about that. Just saying I only watched the final minute. Saw that USF comeback, followed by Carlino's clutch drive and shot to go ahead, followed by BYU giving up (3) last possession shots, with a wide-open 3 point attempt rimming out that would have won the game for USF.

I know it's hard to judge from just one minute. But I will anyway. This team's defense is not good. Since only part of the cast has changed from last season it's easy to do the math here.

Also, when I said Carlino had a good chance of ending up a star, it didn't take any special prognostication abilities.

And my other prediction is coming true as well. That Stephen Rogers would have to become a star for this team to excel. Obviously this has not happened at all, and the team's scoring ability from the perimeter stinks.

Ah well, it is what it is.

Sidebar: am I the only one who finds it kind of embarrassing to be playing in these high school gyms?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote