View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
What makes you think she will wrap up the nomination after Super Tuesday? I think Obama wins the south and midwest, and is competitive in California (though he will lose there, delegates there and in NY are awarded proportionally for the Dems), and does favorably in western states.

I think Obama takes the nomination, particularly once Edwards' supporters move to him (as I think at least 80% of his supporters do).
I think you've got Obama blinders on. I don't think grass roots can beat The Machine. Obama has trended upward lately, but I don't think he'll win Florida, nor win the narrative on Super Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
The more I'm reminded of why I hate the Clintons the more I want him to win the nomination. At core he seems like a good human being. I'm not certain the same can be said of Hillary.
A good human being he may be, but he's also an empty suit. He needed a few years of seasoning before making this jump.

Spell-binding rhetoric does not necessarily a good President make.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote