View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
that's not a conversation I want to have.

There is no budget.

I was exec. sec. under 2 bishops, and there was never once a budget planning session.

So what conversation do you want to have? Not enough money budgeted for scouting? No organization to raise money for scouting in your ward (we did a fund raiser this year to raise money)? No money at all budgeted for scouting in your ward? No actual budgeting at all in your ward? No input from you? I'm confused.

I see you have several options, among them:

1) Submit for reimbursement no matter the scouting budget level. Let "them" worry about it.

2) Like MRD suggests, take the shortfall out of your tithing. I know it doesn't follow the letter of the handbook, but I really don't see that as a factor.

3) Make parents pony up for their kids' expenses, as you suggest.

4) Pay yourself and shutup, chalking it up to those extra expenses we all pay in conjunction with our callings.

5) Resign, stating your principled reasons for doing so.

6) Any combination of the above.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote