View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #26
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Layton is a very scrappy team. They play tough, hardnosed defense and have a kid at QB in Gavin Green who is the typical HS stud athlete that won't go on to play D1 because of a lack of size. Their best D1 prospect is probably the Putnam kid who plays WR and Safety. He has pretty good size for a HS WR and solid hands. He likes the jump ball and is the type of receiver who knows how to adjust on the fly and bring it down. They also have two pretty solid RBs whose names are slipping my mind right now.

Layton's real strength is their defense as they aren't afraid to hit anybody.

Layton has a lot of heart. They have a great coach in Bachelor who, from the mouths of a few kids who played for him at Davis when they won state in 2005, was the real guy behind their success.

Atla will be a tough team to beat, but I don't expect Layton to back down. I'm excited for the game this week as I don't think you make it to the State Championship game and expect to lost. I know Alta will be favored, and they should be, but I wouldn't count Layton out either.

Lancers win 28-27 in one hell of a game.
I've talked to a few 5A coaches that I know in the last few days and their opinion is that Layton is a heckuva team. The Lancers only loss was their first game? Layton is a great team.

I've also hear that they're similar to Alta in that they don't have overwhelming size, but lots of speed. It will be a fun game.

The offer still stands if you can make it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote