View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #31
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Mike, you kill me sometimes. As one who had reached the age of majoirty (at least as far as the military was concerned) in 1978 when the ban was lifted, I can tell you that the negative press was very significant. You talk as though no one noticed the priesthood ban until now. Not so, my young friend. This new scrutiny may result in a wave of negativity, but it will also generate a wave of support and genuine inquiry. I am not opposed to your concept of innoculation, although I would probabyl differ in approach to implementing same. To think, however, that becaseu a few pundits trumpet their disagreement with the church that the churhc will suffer dramtacially is simply wrong. As long as they spell our name correctly, we'll be fine. Besides, if you believe there is truth, as in eternal truth, in the gospel, then how can you contend otherwise?
Ditto. Mike may be discovering the 1978 ban for the first time, but the rest of America isn't. Sure, if Romney gets the nomination, we may see a 60 Minutes spot or a few 20/20 reports on the ban. Big deal.

A bunch of "opinion leaders" get their panties in a wad and start accusing broad swaths of individuals of being racists. What else is new. Happens everyday on CG, why not elsewhere?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote