View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #18
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I would skip it. I don't know that there's ever been a more egotistical, self-satisfied, self-important individual than Dr. Boren. No matter what the purported topic of the book, it's really about him.

Hundreds of us once waited at a presentation for nearly an hour past start time while Dr. Boren and the Governor had a standoff in their respective limos over who would get to make the final entrance into the auditorium (generally public figures enter in reverse order of rank). Finally the governor relented and came in first, allowing Boren to have the grand entrance, just to move things along.

During the ice storm two months ago Boren was more concerned about the damage to his campus trees than the fact that he had thousands of students living in dorms without power. And goodness forbid a Pac-10 ref dare call a penalty against his school's team. Hell hath no fury! I tell you, he's one odd cookie.
Well..i know not the man ,nor going to judge him after this post..what i have been amazed by was his opinions regarding the maintenance of this huge empire.
As an old saying goes ..i would rather just listen to what's being said than who is saying it.

I might sound awfully like people who always looking at the bright side of the stories ..but i think ,some top rank folks have to save thier prestige to be able to achieve louder voice to do a better job in serving thier organization, no matter how humble they are as a person. i hope this makes sense to you. Thats why i really cannot buy the "his campus and his school team" things ..dont you think you should thank him for taking care of the campus trees??
After all .. these are trees which have made america a beautiful country
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote