View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
This game showed who Rose wants to play when it counts. The 7 man rotation he used is pretty solid, and the best talent we've had together for at least 4-5 years. I think that number goes up to 8 if Dastrup comes along this year and gets into playing shape. He's going to have to get other guys on the team some time to help them develop, but it's going to be against teams like we play over the next few games. What you describe is what happens when there are obvious glaring holes in the lineup and he's just plugging players into them hoping someone will step up. That won't be necessary on this team. If some of those bench guys come in during the first half in the game against an opponent like we have tonight, I don't think that's the same thing.
That may explain his rotational problems. He hasn't had a complete team in terms of talent, ever. He's always had holes.

I like this team though.

5, Mika. Best center we've had in a long, long while, maybe ever. Back ups, Dastrup and Kafusi. Dastrup has upside on the offensive end and Kafusi has five fouls with some defensive potential.

4. Childs and Davis splitting time. Davis not being an offensive focus is a big upside as Davis tends to be a black hole. Aytes may provide some minutes here.

3. Bryant, or Haws? We may be weak at this position until Bryant gets his feet back under him. Aytes?

2. Emery.

1. LJ Rose. He is a huge get for us this year.

We don't have a lot of talented back ups for the small forward, guard positions. But the first seven are as talented as BYU has ever had.