View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 09:55 PM   #3
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
If you don't want to do a glass shower because it's prohibitively expensive, then so is travertine.

There are some very nice ceramic tiles that look like travertine. If you were coming to my open house, you'd see some.

Regarding the shower, I'd at least get bids on a tile shower with glass enclosure. It makes a HUGE difference in the looks and tile is considered an upgrade. You could also look at cultured marble as an "in-between" as it is generally cheaper than tile. Though when we got bids for our house, the tile guys we used were actually cheaper than the cultured marble.

In short, get bids for all your different options and then decide. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I've got tons of suppliers/subs for you to get bids from if you're interested. The guys that did our tile were actually our flooring company and their prices were fantastic.

The other big thing lately is granite for the countertop, though that might be overkill in your house/neighborhood.
Also, if you're looking for prefab stuff (cabinets, sink, shower, etc.) as well as good prices on tile, etc. check out Seconds and Surplus. They have good prices but you pretty much have to buy it while there as what is in stock changes. We got our front door there for like half price. They have a couple of location in the metroplex. We went to the one downtown.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote